Recent news and events
- The Youth Olympic Games (YOG) is an international multi-sport event organized by the International Olympic Committee. The games are held every four years in staggered summer and winter events consistent with the current Olympic Games format. Brianna Throssell is one of eight Australian representatives. Only just missing the Australian Senior Pan Pac team Brianna will make the most of this fantastic opportunity. Best of luck!
- Hoots and coach Matt Magee and finished the Italian sector of the Pan Pac preparation. Racing off solid training Hoots swam a remarkable 1hour 52 minutes and 06 seconds to finish seventh in the 10km race. Travelling onto Portugal where the race, apart from the distance, will be completely different. Water being 16 degrees will be a challenge in itself but adaptation and experience is the aim. Good luck Hoots.
- Open Water Champion, Simon ‘Hoots’ Huitenga and Australian team Coach Matt Magee leave for Italy today. Hoots and Matt are travelling to Rome to race in the Italian OW Nationals in preparation for the Pan Pac Games in August. Good luck and continue along the road of great preparation Hoots!
- What a great night for the club on Saturday 7 June 2014. Recognising the achievements of club members through the Club Champion Awards and the Season Finale Meet. Club Captains Heidi and Simon had a lot of hand shaking and congrats with so many outstanding achievers. Well done. Special congratulations to Heidi Gan and Chloe Truscott as Perth City Inaugural Winners of the Matthew Glucina Award of Excellence and Rachel Fielding Achievement Award respectively. Two very deserving recipients – congratulations!
- Tommaso Puccini was not the only Perth City swimmer running for a reason at the HBF run last week. Our very talented ten year old Tommaso ran the distance in an amazing 52minutes wearing his Perth City t-shirt with pride! Many other Perth City members were involved in some way. Matt Gluey Glucina shone through with friends and families raising more than $24000. Thank you Bianca (Matt’s close friend) for allowing us to be part of this very special reason.
- It was only last weekend when the Australian Championships concluded but it must seem a world away. Perth City’s Guy Harrison-Murray was selected on the Australian Para Pan Pac team. Roll on California! Guy’s sensational swims in Brisbane earned him a place in the Australian Team. Well done Guy!